Old 03-02-2003, 03:28 AM
madgard

Default Free Akebia vine to a good home (or bad, I don't care)

I'd take it, but I bet you're not willing to dig it up and ship it to me
here in Eastern Tennessee................G
madgardener (it'd have a good home, my friend Mary Emma has a 15 year old
akebia that she can't get outa the ground now..........it can be a thug, but
I love thugs)
"Brian & Mary Bigler" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I'm making some changes in my yard and have an Akebia vine I'd like to

give
away. I'm in a northern Seattle, Washington suburb, if you're interested.

This vine species grows quickly and produces an abundance of unusual

flowers
that are fragrant. I've cut it back to about three feet, but it can be

cut
to the ground and will come back with gusto. Given the best conditions,
it'll grow to 30 feet, but I've had it at about six feet growing laterally
on a trellis.
--
Best regards,
Brian Bigler