Old 22-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Frank Logullo

Default Mulching Mower Conversion

"N_A_J" wrote in message
m...
Hi,
I have an older Craftsman electric rear discharge rotary lawn mower.
It uses a hard plastic grass catcher. Is it possible to mulch with
this type of mower? Is it just a matter of changing to a mulching
blade and leaving off the grass catcher? I always thought that
mulching mowers were all side discharge models. Thanks.

Don't know but my Lawnboy has cover to block discharge and has extra
mulching blades.
Think you also need extra horsepower to do the extra cutting to make the
finer particles.
I would guess not. If you want to use clippings as mulch, all you need do
is cut frequently so clippings are not large and do not bunch up.
Frank