Old 22-05-2003, 02:44 PM
EJ

Default gardening book

"EJ" wrote in message
nk.net...
I'm looking for a garden book that will tell me about soil, sun, water,
zone, etc., etc. for each plant listed there-in. I have a 20 year old
Sunset Western Garden book and a 60 year old garden book. I can get a

lot
more relevant information out of that old book that Sunset. However
hybridization and introductions mean that a lot of what's on the market

now
wasn't around then.

I'm struggling to make a database for my garden plants and need
reasonably accurate information.

All suggestions will appreciated.

Thanks for your suggestions, but I think I found the book in the
library; "The American Horticultural Society Encyclopedia of Garden Plants".
An updated version is available on Amazon.com. It's expensive but it
covers almost every thing you will want to know about almost every plant you
will want for your garden - no matter where you live in the US ( or Britain
too, it seems,)