Old 22-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Pickmaster

Default Koi and Water lilies

That is very interesting about the V shaped chomps--I have to look for
that--let me just make it clear though that the entire leaf and stems are
off in one piece from the lower part of the plant--is that a clue?

"Pickmaster" wrote in message
Yes whatever is doing it is just taking the leaves off and floating--also
the common lilies I got out of the ditch are untouched, and the ones I

paid
$ 10 bucks for were stripped! I also have a bunch of mudcats and sunfish

in
there, but I think its the Koi--

"Pickmaster" wrote in message
Do Koi sometimes feed on water lilies? I found all the leaves stripped

from
about 4 plants and am pretty supicious it 6 foot long Koi--the pond is

large
and there are plenty for them to eat, but the leaves are suddenly just
floating around the pond--