Old 22-05-2003, 05:56 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Plant question

wrote in message
did you really mean it to sound that way? Ingrid

Ingrid...I went looking for some information on this because my first
thought was that it was BS. I was shocked to find that what you are

saying
is basically true.

Not sure what you mean...so let me re-state. When I first read that water
softeners allowed salt into the water, I thought, "That can't be right. That
sounds like an old wives tale." So I decided to look it up...lo and behold
it is true. The water softeners exchange sodium chloride for magnesium
chloride and a few other "hard" minerals. Anyway, I thought I should post a
follow up to your message, backing up the truth, in case there were any
other doubters like myself.

Is that clearer?

BV.