Old 22-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Robyn Rhudy

Default BZT - Ponder's Special

I have 2 fish ponds and 3 aquariums that all get BZT weekly. The bottoms
have no debris. They are all crystal clear. Did the BZT do it? Who can
say BUT my 40 gallon tank has a 14" pleco shiting machine. I didn't
think to use BZT on it but then I figured why not? Within weeks I went
from vacuuming a dozen long poos every week to maybe one. Where did they
go? If the BZT bacteria didn't eat them, perhaps you know the answer?
No, Plecy hasn't stopped eating!

So, I am one who "swears by" BZT. I would do away with the salt,
Microbe-Lift, barley straw, Stress-Coat, Stress-Zyme, MelaFix, Maracyn,
koi clay, and various other things I've put in my aquariums and ponds but
don't you dare take away my BZT!

Chemist, preservationist, animal lover, aquarist, and ponder. -
Extensive web pages on animals, fish, and ponds. -
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/ -
http://www.fishpondinfo.com
Free pond newsletter - sign up at my web site -
Finally! Buy Robyn's Pond Book at www.1stbooks.com -
_ _
(o)____(o) ---ribbit
_/ oo \_