Old 22-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Adrian Jones

Default Clematis Montana losing flowers

I did. Last year I cut it right back after it had finished flowering, cut
it hard down almost to the base. It put on tremendous growth last summer
and I was looking forward to masses of flowers but, frustratingly, only got
six flowers. Perhaps next year will be better?

"Drakanthus" wrote in message
Can't answer your question but my montana has a grand total of 6 flowers
this year!

Unless you cut it back you will get fewer flowers each year.

Cut it hard back after it has finished flowering. Next years flowers will

be
on the new growth it puts out this year. If it's a large montana then you
will be in for a treat next year.

--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)