Old 22-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Ian

Default What is growing with my Spirea?

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article . rogers.com,
"Ian" wrote:

Okay, this plant was growing right with my Spirea. Pulled it out and

moved
it, keeping it separate for now until I see what it is.

Anyone have a guess at this?

http://www.quickmire.com/temp/spireawhat1.jpg

So many things have that sort of ferny leaf, but if it is wild it could be
some variety of turkey corn (corydalis), there being many weedy species as
well as gardened species; if it gets nice flowers you'll know.

The leaves look somewhat different. As Garrapata speculated, might be Herb
Robert - Geranium robertianum, except the examples of Herb Robert I found
online are darker than my speciman.

http://www.quickmire.com/temp/plantwhat1.jpg

Looks a bit like a solomon seal or a false solomon seal.

Yup, this it could be. Guess it needs to grow a tad more.

http://www.quickmire.com/temp/plantwhat2.jpg

Those are either from tulip bulb offsets not yet well developed, or from
completely worn-out bulbs.

That's what I thought. Those bulbs never fully bloomed when we first put
them in. Maybe I'll dig them out and thus see if they are bulb-based.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"