Old 22-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Jim Brown

Default QT/nursery tank

Victor M. Martinez wrote in message
I'm about to purchase a new tank to use for QT and to try to raise some
fry. This tank will go in the master bedroom, on top of a wooden chest of
drawers. The tank will be planted, of course...
I was thinking of getting one of those eclipse combos, a 30 gallon looked
nice. It comes with 40W of fluorescent light.
Does anybody think it's not a good choice for the location? I certainly
don't want to deal with hoses and cables all over the place. The eclipse
concept is certainly convenient, but does it work?
Any advise would be most appreciated.

Cheers.

Victor M. Martinez

I would concern myself with that weight on top of a dresser. If it was an
older one made properly with real wood and strong framing, it would be maxed
out at 300 ponds plus, with high humidity and potential splashes to warp the
wood.
Also, is it for quarantine or raising fry. Not going to be convenient if it
has to do double duty-it will always be needed for one job while it's doing
the other. Perhaps two smaller set ups, as quarantine tanks don't need to
be big for most instances.

Jim