Old 22-05-2003, 08:44 PM
SBHCOM

Default Best time to Transplant wild Lilacs

We live near a rural area and have wild lilacs growing in fields all over the
area. Since the local nursary charges $49.95 a shrub I plan on diggin up some
of these wild sweet smeelin Lilacs and give them a good home in my yard. They
are in full bloom right now (I have been picking the flowers off them for 2
weeks), so should I try to transplant them now or after the flowers die or when
all the leaves fall off them?

A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a dumb man something to stick in his
mouth.