Old 22-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Default QT/nursery tank

Jim Brown wrote:
I would concern myself with that weight on top of a dresser. If it was an
older one made properly with real wood and strong framing, it would be maxed

It's not new, but a heavy pine mexican import. I don't think the weight would
be a problem.

Also, is it for quarantine or raising fry. Not going to be convenient if it
has to do double duty-it will always be needed for one job while it's doing
the other. Perhaps two smaller set ups, as quarantine tanks don't need to

Yeah. I'm only thinking of raising fry once (I'm bidding on eggs online) then
it will be the QT tank. I plan on having a few fish in it and lots of plants
permanently. Leave enough bio-capacity to add new fish to QT when needed.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv