Old 22-05-2003, 09:32 PM
Stuart Meier

Default Vegetable seed costs

Hi David

Certainly the seed cost is a small part of the potential value, but it looks
to me as if it is a major part of growing costs, given my 'free' labour.

I am seeking product value, in this case I don't need fancy marketing etc,
just a good value for money supplier, simple product list, no fancy
packaging. Does anyone have any experience of the NSALG seed scheme? I can't
find any info on prices and my Allotment Society while belonging to NSALG
doesn't run the scheme
--
Stuart

"David Hill" wrote in message
"...... Having taken on a small allotment (cost £8.50pa)...."

Stop thinking of the cost of the seed, they are still the cheapest part of
growing, think of the return per £1.00 on seed, should be £20.00 to £30.00
per packet, and if you swap plants with other allotment holders then

could
be more.
Just think yourself lucky you pay such a LOW rent.