Old 22-05-2003, 11:08 PM
jane

Default Chelsea - Visions Of Snowdon

On Thu, 22 May 2003 10:56:40 +0100, "Mark" wrote:

~
~"K" wrote in message
~
~ "Mark" wrote in message
~ ...
~ : I saw a brief glimpse of this on the telly. If anyone has been or is
~going
~ : to Chelsea, could you give me your opinion of it, as I'm just starting
~my
~ : stream, managed all the ground work last weekend. What sort of plants
~are
~ : they
~ :
~ : I have an area that would suit something like this, and as the rest of
~my
~ : pond is welsh rock (slate) it caught my attention.
~ :
~ : If possible could someone take some pics and post them on a website with
~ : details of the type of plants used, it would be much appreciated.
~ :
~ : Thanks
~ :
~ : Mark
~ :
~ You could look for information and a small 360 degree picture on the BBC
~ website:
~ www.bbc.co.uk/gardening (I think).
~
~
~Thanks for that, I just wish they'd give you more info.
~

I'll have a look at all the stuff I brought back yesterday. I may well have
picked up the plan of plants as it was one of the less ghastly gardens.

We (friend plus myself plus my Dad) found a sad lack of colour and decent
plants in all the gardens. With the huge range of glorious things to choose
from in the marquee, the outside gardens were nearly all green things with
glass, concrete and, well, grass. Lots of grass, and the occasional
wildflower, ie the things we spend half our days weeding out.
Bring back the Christopher Lloyd borders!!!!

Still liked the Yorkshire one best, though. Most of them didn't transfer
well to the small screen, and the one that they portrayed as having a guy
with a grudge on (Tuesday night's programme) was really nice!

Still, took 102 photos, bought some really amazing hand cream and ordered a
pot of white flowered chives! And resisted the Walkers daffodils for
once...

--
jane

Mark Twain

Please remove nospam from replies, thanks!