Old 22-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Mark

Default Chelsea - Visions Of Snowdon

"jane" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 May 2003 10:56:40 +0100, "Mark" wrote:

~
~"K" wrote in message
~
~ "Mark" wrote in message
~ ...
~ : I saw a brief glimpse of this on the telly. If anyone has been or is
~going
~ : to Chelsea, could you give me your opinion of it, as I'm just

starting
~my
~ : stream, managed all the ground work last weekend. What sort of plants
~are
~ : they
~ :
~ : I have an area that would suit something like this, and as the rest

of
~my
~ : pond is welsh rock (slate) it caught my attention.
~ :
~ : If possible could someone take some pics and post them on a website

with
~ : details of the type of plants used, it would be much appreciated.
~ :
~ : Thanks
~ :
~ : Mark
~ :
~ You could look for information and a small 360 degree picture on the

BBC
~ website:
~ www.bbc.co.uk/gardening (I think).
~
~
~Thanks for that, I just wish they'd give you more info.
~

I'll have a look at all the stuff I brought back yesterday. I may well

have
picked up the plan of plants as it was one of the less ghastly gardens.

Thank you

We (friend plus myself plus my Dad) found a sad lack of colour and decent
plants in all the gardens. With the huge range of glorious things to

choose
from in the marquee, the outside gardens were nearly all green things with
glass, concrete and, well, grass. Lots of grass, and the occasional
wildflower, ie the things we spend half our days weeding out.
Bring back the Christopher Lloyd borders!!!!

Still liked the Yorkshire one best, though. Most of them didn't transfer
well to the small screen, and the one that they portrayed as having a guy
with a grudge on (Tuesday night's programme) was really nice!

As a native yorkshire man I should get back to my roots, however it's
cheaper to get stone from sunny wales now.

Still, took 102 photos, bought some really amazing hand cream

you got sore hands taking pictures

Mark