Old 22-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Chelsea

The message
from (Fenny) contains
these words:

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard Geoff P say...
it is just a pity that the RHS don't do
something about lack of seating, even benches in the Ranelagh
gardens would
help.

I suppose that it's not so bad when the grass is dry and it's posible to
sit on the ground without getting rising damp in the backside. Chairs
seemed rarer than the wow factor in the show gardens. We just sat on
our coats, not being bothered about waiting for someone else to get up
and move.

Am I the only person who carries at least one old plastic carrier bag
folded up very tiny in a pocket, wherever I go ? Useful for sitting on,
for receiving all those cuttings, bits of rooted plants etc which
gardeners are always pressing upon each other.

Janet.