Old 23-05-2003, 12:20 AM
saki

Default Question about pruning roses

Cass wrote in
:

Only guesses. During mild winters, Bonica, The Fairy and Carefree
Delight are the absolute latest roses to bloom. RR is a Bonica baby,
so maybe it follows the pattern of the parent. None of the three has
started to bloom here. Of course, during winters with a few frosts,
those 3 bloom along with everything else in May. Go figure.

I appreciate the info. I feel better. I thought maybe I'd insulted RR in
some way.

Crepuscule is just opening its first blooms of the year - skipped the
early spring flush. Weird. The first rose to bloom was a potted hybrid
tea, Careless Love. Another hybrid tea in the ground is just opening
its first bloom. I can only suspect cool early spring soil
temperatures that affect some roses and not others.

I won't fret too much yet, then.

----