Old 23-05-2003, 01:08 AM
Brandi

Default Cost to mow...

Hi Tim,
We have almost 3/4 of an acre. We are charged weekly $35/cut which includes
all the extras (edging, trimming and we have several trees that need to be
edged around.

I've read all your comments and can see where a real problem can begin.
Since there is a language barrier, maybe going through your yellow pages and
selecting two or three gardeners for them to call or go through the phone
book with them and then tell them (nicely) that this will be your last cut.
You just have too much to do around your own home.

Good Luck!!
Brandi

"Tim Fischer" wrote in message
My neighbor is in a bind, since their lawn tractor is on the fritz. He
wants me to mow their yard until they make other arrangements. I'm not

real
keen on the idea as I have a bigger need for time (for all my own

projects)
than money. But, I want to be neighborly...

How much should I charge (he's definitely willing to pay) to mow about

8/10
acre of mostly treeless property with few obstacles? Also, I will not be
doing any trimming, edging, raking, etc-- pretty much just what my lawn
tractor can do.

I want to charge enough so that they want to find other arrangements

sooner
than later, but not so much as to be ridiculous. We just moved here last
July and don't really know these folks at all, so I'm surprised they asked
us (although we're their closest neighbor and have a brand new Deere so

they
know we can do it.

I'm in suburban Minneapolis, if that matters.

Thanks,
-Tim