Old 23-05-2003, 01:32 AM
Diane Mancino

Default Miltoniopsis

I have a few milts. They seem to drop leaves or get yellow tips but are
still thriving and always new growth. its cooler here, 60-70 degrees in
medium light was giving them a 1x a week warm water soaking which seemed
ok for the medium bark chunks/clay pots I keep them in. Got too busy and
water lighter and was rewarded with accordion leaves but I think I see a
spike in that accordion. I'm being more careful to not let them dry out. A
milt in bloom is gorgeous- good luck growing one

Diane
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
link.net...
I tried two of these. That face - how could I resist, especially since

the
grower of the first one told me it was "warm tolerant". As already

stated,
that's not the same as warm loving, and it died a cruel death. The second
one went even faster. Fact, whether we like it or not - for the most part
they are cool to intermediate, and my south FL lanai will not see another
one. As to medium, anyone I've talked to about these seems to favor

spagh.

Diana