Old 23-05-2003, 04:08 AM
Bill Ranseen

Default Gala Apple Tree in Northwest Yard (Wash state)

In article 1053641592.71678@yasure, "Valkyrie"
wrote:

Probably one of the BEST places for trees in the Northwest is Raintree
Nursery, they are also a font of information for growing fruit trees in
this
area.
http://www.raintreenursery.com/

Raintree is a good nursery but they specialize in trees grown on
dwarfing rootstocks and I don't see Gala featured in their catalog. One
place that does sell Gala on standard is Trees of Antiquity (previously
Sonoma Antique Apple Nursery) (www.treesofantiquity.com).
Pollenizers...I don't think Gala is one of those triploid (nonfertile)
types, but a pollenizer that blooms at the same time is always best for
good production. If you don't want to take up space with another tree,
it's possible to graft on another suitable variety.

"paul" wrote in message
om...
I would like to plant an apple tree in my back yard. I like the taste
of the Gala apple. I was thinking about getting a standard (not
dwarf) sized tree. Do I need another tree to pollinate this tree?
Has anybody had any luck buying trees online?

Thanks,
Paul