Old 23-05-2003, 05:32 AM

Default Sick Shubunkins

get the antibiotics out of the tub, change water. do you have good aeration? what
kind of filter? what is the water temp and do you have a heater in there?
GF cannot take temperature drops of more than 4oF or so or they will break out with
ich. red gills are normal. if the salt grains are all over the fish not just on
their gills covers, then it could be ich. you must get good aeration in there. 2
airstones. the best treatment for ich is Quick Cure, every other day with water
changes every day. Ingrid

"abc" wrote:

Hi.. I've 4 (3") little shubunkins and 8 bunches of anacharis in a 40
gallons tub. The water quality is good with ideal ammonia trace and very
little nitrate trace. They have been in the tub for 45 days ago with
Bio-spira.

It seems like they all have developed salt grain like on their head. One of
them could not swim properly and kinda look likes drowning. It also shows
sign of lack of O2 and routinely surfacing for gasping air. I noticed it has
a pretty bright red gill. After do some research, I still could not
determine the probable disease. Being a newbie, I don't have much to begin
with. I dropped 3 capsules of Tetracycline (Aquatronics) in the tub this
evening. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks.

regards,
Khien H. Siow