Old 23-05-2003, 06:32 AM
Jock

Default Using Kitty Litter in the Garden

Where people are responsible for their cats, that's good. The Kitty Litter
manufacturing folk need to think up better ways the stuff can progress to
the next step through the environment without it becoming a 'toxic waste'
issue. - Organic disposal is best.
Jock
"Tish Silberbauer" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 May 2003 05:01:54 GMT, "Jock"
wrote:

I suppose I just have issues with cats in general and the thought of

using
their biproducts as a growth promoter is a bit 'out there' for me. In my
experience, cats *can* be made beneficial to the garden. Simply bury one

at
the base of each citrus tree each year and the fruit will be loverley!
That's about the end of their usefulness as I see it and if every

Australian
applied that method of gardening, it would be no time before there were

no
cats around.. - that has to be good for Australia.
Jock

That, of course, is your perogative. One way to look at it is that
folks who have a need for kitty litter are responsible cat owners who
keep their animals inside all or most of the time, avoiding problems
for local wildlife. What's more, such people are trying to dispose of
their cat's liquid waste in an environmentally-friendly way that also
benefits the garden.

Tish