Old 23-05-2003, 08:56 AM
Philippe Gautier

Default slugs bait eaten...... by cats?

Hi,
This year, i've been trying "green" solutions to combat slugs and
snails. I've ordered special bait (from greengardeners, the "sweedish"
slug trap) you can put into your normal beer trap, and I have to say
they are very very effective (compared to beer trap without bait). The
problem is that recently, something systematically eat it all. It is big
enough to open the trap cover (even with a stone on top) and lick the
bait perfectly clean. The only thing I can think of is cats (I am in the
city center)... Do they like what looks to be a mix of yeast and sugar
(and maybe some mystery ingredients)?