Old 23-05-2003, 10:20 AM
Stuart Meier

Default Vegetable seed costs

Hi Janet

Many thanks indeed.

Always loath to look a gift umm packet in the mouth, sad to say we have
already bought some :-( SO in this case, a sad decline.
I am planning for next year really, for which the end-of-season sale is a
very useful thought, many thanks.

Stuart

"janet.bennett" wrote in message

"Stuart Meier" wrote in message
Having taken on a small allotment (cost £8.50pa) I am horrified at seed
prices, not having grown vegetables for many years. Seeds could easily

cost
5 times the rent.

Most seeds seem to cost £1-£1.50 a packet, even from the Wilkos etc.

I expected there to be lowcost online suppliers, but I googled in vain.

Please can anyone suggest a good value supplier for the basics, not F1s

or
unusual stuff.

--
Stuart

Do you want some marrow seeds? Saved some from last year. If so, e mail
and let me have your address.
(Last year towards the end of June/July (can't remember exactly when) but

purchased runner beans/french beans at Wilkinsons (75% off marked price),
but you can always save your own this year).