Old 23-05-2003, 10:32 AM
gastropod

Default Nails in trees?

The straps used to tie trees to stakes would help you. However, fastening a
piece of wood to the side of a tree often creates scarring and allows
disease into the tree as the bark is damaged by the timbers.
Neil

"Laurence Wilmer" wrote in message
I planted a eucalyptus at the end of my garden some 15 years ago, and

(after
chopping the top 6ft each year) it is now ideal for a good tree platform

for
my 5 yr old.

I have some 4x2 beams and have identified some good mounting positions, to
these I plan to screw some old floorboards.

But what is the best way to fix beams and planks to a tree? I don't fancy
nailing into it as that seems unkind, but I am not sure that typing with
rope is going to be sufficiently secure for when all his friends get up
there!

Many thanks for any suggestions,

Laurence