Old 23-05-2003, 12:33 PM
Cereoid-UR12yo

Default Arabidopsis water requirement

There have been entire books written on Arabidopsis.
If you haven't found a reference, you haven't been looking very hard.

Did you search Agricola?
http://www.nal.usda.gov/ag98/

wrote in message
Hi there,

I am working on a school project that involves designing a plant and
greenhouse system on Mars. We would like to use the Arabidopsis plant.

Do you know how much water one plant uses in its life cycle? Is there
a web site or publication that discusses this? I know this plant can
be modified for low water requirements, but have not been able to find
a paper discussing the water usages of this version either.

Thank you for your time,
Ken Mankoff