Old 23-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Michael Saunby

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

"Tim Tyler" wrote in message ...
In uk.rec.gardening Oz wrote:

: Beta-carotene (Vitamin A)
: Liver damage, yellowing of the skin (may also increase risk of lung
: cancer in smokers), birth defects

: http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioaccumulate

Beta carotene is *not* vitamin A.

Excess beta carotene does not cause liver damage or birth defects.

So how many consumers are harmed by pesticides in the UK each year? It's
bound to be a tiny fraction of the number that are harmed by their own
stupidity. Heck even being uneducated kills more people (the average life
expectancy for professionals is 7 years more than for manual workers).

You're stressing (which really does kill) over something that doesn't.
Though it's a common problem for those with certain political views -
folks with right wing politics live longer too :-)

I'd like to care, but unfortunately it's just not in my nature, though I
think you really should try and lighten up - I'm sure you'll live a longer
and happier life if you do. Add an education too and you might even live as
long, happy and healthy a life as many others here.

Michael Saunby