Old 23-05-2003, 01:08 PM
Malcolm

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

On Fri, 23 May 2003 12:43:40 +0100, "Michael Saunby"
wrote:

"Tim Tyler" wrote in message ...
In uk.rec.gardening Oz wrote:

: Beta-carotene (Vitamin A)
: Liver damage, yellowing of the skin (may also increase risk of lung
: cancer in smokers), birth defects

: http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioaccumulate

Beta carotene is *not* vitamin A.

Excess beta carotene does not cause liver damage or birth defects.

So how many consumers are harmed by pesticides in the UK each year? It's
bound to be a tiny fraction of the number that are harmed by their own
stupidity. Heck even being uneducated kills more people (the average life
expectancy for professionals is 7 years more than for manual workers).

You're stressing (which really does kill) over something that doesn't.
Though it's a common problem for those with certain political views -
folks with right wing politics live longer too :-)

I'd like to care, but unfortunately it's just not in my nature, though I
think you really should try and lighten up - I'm sure you'll live a longer
and happier life if you do. Add an education too and you might even live as
long, happy and healthy a life as many others here.

Michael Saunby

So being concerned about ones health and happiness is actually
detrimental to your lifespan is it? lol, what funny circles some
people live in, albeit for a brief time!

--

So, you dont like reasoned,
well thought out, civil debate?

I understand.