Old 23-05-2003, 01:56 PM
animaux

Default Bug Identification Help

are they doing damage to anything? If not, they are probably nothing to worry
about.

On Thu, 22 May 2003 22:09:17 -0400, "Judy and Dave G"
wrote:

Hello Garden Friends

OK. I have been seeing these darn spiders for years. Have researched on
the web, in my bug books, at the library. I don't think I know how to find
bug names. } Sorry, I don't know digital, so no pictures. But here's
the description.

This spider (?) has a body that is round and flat, about 1/8 to 3/16 inches.
The coloring of the entire spider is an off white. There is a design on the
body of a kinda pear shaped ziggy zaggy white line with a couple white dots.
The background of the body color is a light off greenish/grayish color. The
general shape of the spider(?) is that of a daddy long legs spider. The
legs are about 1 inch in length and very slender. Definitely looks like 8
legs. And 2 antennae.

These spiders(?) are all over my plants. Strawberries, petunias, pentas,
elm tree bark, butterfly bush. Not on hostas or perennial geraniums.

Sorry for the childish representation but I am not sure if they are a good
bug or a bad bug?

Thanks.

Judy