Old 23-05-2003, 03:32 PM

Default Toronto to ban pesticides

V wrote:
If anyone wonders if what the " greeenies " say is true that "you can
keep a healthy, virtually weed-free lawn without the use of
pesticides", you should take a drive through Toronto. The truth of the
matter is that if you simply fertilize a lawn and don't treat the weeds
the weeds will eventually take over.

I don't know why anybody cares about their lawn being perfect... there
are much bigger things to life than making sure your lawn is the greenest
it can be. Banning pesticides is fine by me... the less poison that goes
into the ground, the better. As for no evidence of harm to humans, well,
I think you have to admin that our environment has tons more chemicals
pumped into it than in the past, hence the reason cancer rate is always
on the rise.

Good luck growing produce without pesticides.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/