Old 23-05-2003, 03:45 PM
tom

Default Plant ID, please: Mahonia

On visiting London in late February, I noticed very fragrant
yellow-flowered Mahonias growing at Kew, at the north end of the
buildings at the Victoria Gate - also encountered some along the street
between the Kew underground station and the Vicotoria gate, and a few
elsewhere in London. One of these shrubs at Kew once had a plastic
label, but it was unfortunely broken, so nothing remained of the plant
name. Can anyone tell me what species/variety of Mahonia this is? We
grow Mahonias here in California, but I have never encountered winter
bloomers or ones so fragrant. (I sent an email enquiry to Kew, but
never got a response). Thanks