Old 23-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Peter H

Default Toronto to ban pesticides

"buckwheat" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
Peter H wrote:
dinosaur whinging snipped

If anyone wonders if what the " greeenies " say is true that "you can

keep a
healthy, virtually weed-free lawn without the use of pesticides", you

should
take a drive through Toronto. The truth of the matter is that if you

simply
fertilize a lawn and don't treat the weeds the weeds will eventually

take
over.

Ahem...horseshit.

Haven't poured any poison on my lawn in 5 years. Two hours attending to
the dandelions each spring, cut it at the maximum height my lawnmower
provides, NEVER water it, not even last summer. No probs here. Looks
like you're going to have to find another business.

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/...uery=pesticide