Old 23-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Why is my tree dying?

I have a beautiful Juniper tree that is about 20 years oldand
about . It has been
flourishing well for the past 6 months and growing quite well.

It sits on a table
that allows it to get plenty of indirect sunlight, and it is

submerged watered about
2 a week. I notice now that over the past month that is seems

to be getting dry
areas on the branches. It is about 30 inches long, 15 wide and

about 7 inches tall.
Any thoughts?

Yes. And we all agree. Get your tree out of the house.

And, if there are rocks on top of the soil, remove them. Fill
the empty space with potting soil. Water from the top (a
sprinkling can is idea!) when the soil feels dry; depending on
where you live that could be every other day, or even daily.
Keep a stick inserted into the soil. Remove it daily and feel
the dirty end. If it is wet don't water. If it feels dry,
water.

I hope it's not too late. Good luck.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: