Old 23-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Mike Humberston

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

Oz wrote:

Mike Humberston writes

If strawberries are supposed to be covered in fungicide then why is it that if I
keep strawberries in my fridge for more than a few days they rapidly become
covered in white fuzz?

For pesticides there is a 'last spray to harvest' interval.

This is to ensure that the pesticide levels in the produce when sold is
below the required limit. For a 'programmed' spray plan the 'last spray'
is timed to easily miss the *earliest* harvest date because it's
unsalable until after that date.

Snip Oz's description of strawberry growing practises

Thanks Oz for your description.

So, am I correct if I think that TT is talking tosh when he implies that
strawberries are toxic?

Mike
(who eats very large quantities of English strawberries)