Old 23-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Spud Demon

Default Neighbor's dog pees thru fence.

(Dan Sullivan) writes in article dated 19 May 2003 05:18:02 -0700:
My next door neighbor's dog pees thru the chain link fence and it's killing my
lawn.

What can I can do to stop it?

I heard of one thing which can stop a dog peeing on a chain-link fence:
Electric fence. If he pees on the wire, he'll get a shock to his privates
which he will remember for a long, long time.

It's probably not legal to electrify the actual fence on your property line,
but you could temporarily put in some chicken-wire, say 4" on your side of
the fence so if he pees through he'll hit it. Use wooden stakes so it won't
be grounded, and hook up a livestock-grade transformer to it (and the other
wire to an earth ground).

After the dog mends his wicked ways, you can remove the wire.

MHO: Having a 12" dead-grass zone next to my fence would save mowing time.
I'd encourage the dog.

To those who suggested killing the dog -- a grieving dog owner will inflict
much more harm to you than an annoying dog ever could.

--Thundermaker$yahoo.com (Spud Demon)
The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.