Old 23-05-2003, 06:00 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default Ripening apricots

"Jonathan wrote in message
Plenty of hard green fruit on our two year old fan-trained apricot on a
south-facing wall. There is also a *lot* of leaf which hides almost all
of them.

Any tips on how to encourage the fruits to ripen? Should we thin them
out and if so to what sort of spacing?

Lucky you. In fifteen years I have only once had a crop with a similar

tree.
The small fruits always fall off when they are the size of a pea. Any

ideas? We
usually get a good crop off the peach next to it.
--

We had one for years that only ever had 3 ripe fruit on it and it eventually
got struck by lightening whilst we were on holiday. (Served it right!) :-)

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.