Old 23-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Mike

Default Nails in trees?

In article , Paul
writes
On Fri, 23 May 2003 15:23:16 +0100, Mike
wrote:

In article , Mike
writes

In another case, a wire rope has been put round a tree to support a
fence alongside the path. The tree is some 12 - 15 inches in diameter
and the steel rope is completely buried ad a nasty scar in the bark all
round. Fortunately the tree is damaged further up and has to come out,
but what would that wire, the diameter of a pencil, do to a chain saw?

I have now taken some photos of this tree and the wire rope doing a
disappearing trick into the bark. Can someone please tell me where I can
post these piccys so people can access them and see what a mess it
makes?

Mike

if you sign up for webshots (its free) you can post your images on there

http://daily.webshots.com/scripts/si...tp://www.websh
ots.com/

I 'hope' that you will find my piccys on
http://community.webshots.com/user/rumtub

Thanks for the advice :-))

Mike
Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more