Old 23-05-2003, 07:22 PM
Mike

Default Nails in trees?

In article , Paul
writes

if you sign up for webshots (its free) you can post your images on there

http://daily.webshots.com/scripts/si...tp://www.websh
ots.com/

Paul very many thanks for the help :-))

The pictures show the tree concerned and the effect of the wire around
it. The orange 'x' denotes we have permission from the TPO Officer to
fell it along with lots more, mainly Elms which are infected with Dutch
Elm disease.

Other pictures show the site and also the rubbish we have to clear.

And the public footpath which 'was' a tunnel, very dark, where the Holm
Oaks came right over and touched the ground on the other side. These
Holm Oaks, 110 of them (according to the letter) do have TPO's on them
as do some pines and 5 Monterery Cypress, a Willow, a Sycamore and a
huge Horse Chestnut which the neighbours want out :-(

This is the first time I have been involved with TPO's and it make very
interesting reading as to what you can do, what you cannot do, and when
you must do whatever you are going to do!!!! and being the Isle of
Wight, we have to take precautions with regards to Red Squirrels!

Very many thanks to all who have advised on what to do alongside the
public footpath, (you can see what it looks like now)

And when you come to the Isle of Wight, come and see us and what
progress we are making. Bring a spade and you can help dig the huge
rainwater tanks we are going to have ;-)

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more