Old 23-05-2003, 10:09 PM
Oz

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

Tim Tyler writes
In uk.rec.gardening Michael Saunby wrote:

: So how many consumers are harmed by pesticides in the UK each year?

Probably all of them. Even organic produce contains pesticides.
Unless you stop eating and breathing you can't completely avoid them.

A recent study found fruit intake correlated with Parkinsons disease:

http://health.iwon.com/article/id/512534.html

Fruit cake - how very apt. I expect that jumped right out at you.

The researcher's expected mechanism: pesticide exposure.

Guessing.

: You're stressing (which really does kill) over something that doesn't.

Uh - plenty of people have been killed by pesticides.

No consumers.
However many people are made ill, and a few die, from natural toxins as
I said before.

My interest may be based on personal reasons - pesticides can
harm me -

So can a car.

whereas I'm happy with the risks posed by my intelligence.

Little risk is posed by your intelligence, don't fear.

Pesticides are a serious issue.

They are indeed.
Particularly to the person using them.
Remember we aren't talking about microgrammes going into the sprayer but
kilogrammes. We don't want to be using toxic products because totally
overwhelmingly the most likely person to get a dose is us.

Attempting to gloss over the problem
is more likely to have a deleterious effect on your lifespan than
a positive one - IMO.

Gloss over?
With the information I have passed over?
You call that glossed over?

Idiot.

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.