Old 23-05-2003, 10:09 PM
Oz

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

Tim Tyler writes

You might think - yet unsafe levels of pesticides are still turning
up in produce on supermarket shelves - e.g. in Asda this year:

``Spanish spinach from Asda tested by the pesticide residues
committee exceeded legal and safety limits. Residues of the
pesticide methomyl were found at 240% of the safety level
for toddlers and 150% of that for adults.

Sure, it happens.

That's why there are check tests.
That why the allowed levels are set so low.

However I doubt very much that they exceeded 'safety limits', I don't
doubt that some exceeded the permitted level. Since very little (a
fraction of a percent) does, and since I have explained that the
permitted level is hugely safe and requires huge intakes (which you will
be unable to find enough contaminated produce to consume) you shouldn't
be getting concerned.

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.