Old 23-05-2003, 10:44 PM
shazzbat

Default Allotment Prices

"Chris Norton" wrote in message
Good morning all,

Just wondering what allotment prices are like around the country.

Here in Boston, Lincs it`s a very reasonable £13.00 a year for a 10m x
30m plot. How big that is in rods I have no idea.

As fair as I`m concerned one reasonable amount of Strawberries will
make me that up. Let alone the chance of a good crop of Asparagus.

There`s two crops that will cost vertually nothing to grow apart from
a bit of weeding.

Looking forward to another weekend of digging.

Longham, Dorset. Mine is £20.00 per annum, and is described as 0.11 acres,
just to be awkward. I have no idea how many rods, roods or poles that is,
but it's a good 14 strides by 30 . No water on site though. Also a strange
rental system in that the price paid on allocation is fixed. i.e. I will
always pay £20.00, someone who has had theirs longer than me will always pay
eg £15.00 or whatever it was when they started. Latercomers will always pay
eg £25.00.

Oh, and I got my first spuds of the year today (var- charlotte) and have
been pulling radishes for nearly 3 weeks now. Handy that, because radishes
are my favourite. Looking forwards to sowing more this weekend.

Steve