Old 23-05-2003, 10:56 PM
~bigmoney

Default first time landscaper

Landscape software and be "checked out" at some public or college libraries.

Designers that I've had experience with, seem to be less intrerested in the
design and more interested in placing plants in the ground.
I had one come out, ask me what plants I liked, showed me pictures, and then
proposed that he bring out a whole lot of those types and place them in the
beds. Then the plan was for me to look it over, say add some here, take
some out there. Then he would estimate what to charge me. I didn't use
him.

~rd

"Runyan" wrote in message
om...
I just bought my first home last November. It's old and needs lots of
work. I have just moved to the lawn and garden area of the home. I
have many questions regarding drainage, runoff, retaining walls, grass
type, shrubs, plants (basically everything). I am also a compulsive
do-it-yourselfer. I have been considering two options for a path
forward. 1) Landscape designer or 2) landscape software. I
definitely believe in proper planning before action. Has anyone had
greate success with either of the two above prior to taken action in
their own? If so, how did you select the designer, or the software?

Thanks,
Brian