Old 24-05-2003, 04:56 AM
adavisus

Default Cleaning plants

A couple of spoons of domestic bleach in a bucket of water will kill
most bugs except for larvel snails. I've left waterlilies in such a
solution for a week with no noticeable problem to the plant, though a
day in the bleach will probably do.
Before you dunk the plant, its not a bad idea to put it in gentle
flowing water, trim off all faded foliage and debris, before you soak
the plant in the weak bleach.
To be further on the safe side, its a good idea if to set the plant up
to grow in isolation for more than a week, most fish parasites will
die within a week without a sushi dish around to jump on.

A rinse for a few hours in moving water should get rid of all traces
of the bleach

regards, andy
http://www.members.aol.com/abdavisnc/swglist.html
(andys aquatic plantlist for interesting swaps

Does any one know how to steralize them before puting them in the
pond( I was going to try potasiam permanganate but can't get hold of it
chemist can't seem to get it any more in the UK)