Old 24-05-2003, 05:44 AM
abc

Default Sick Shubunkins

Thanks for replying.. When I got out this morning, it died unfortunately.
The strange thing is the water turned purple by the time I got off from
work. Changed more than 50 percent of the water this evening, the water is
still purple. Will do another 25 percent of water change tomorrow morning.
Could not find the Quick Cure but there is Kordon's Rid-Ich available
locally. They told me that it's pretty the same (i.e. malachide green +
formalin). Should I treat them with Rid-Ich? Should I put salt after I
change the water? Thanks.

wrote in message
get a heater, get an air pump with a couple of air stones. Ingrid

"abc" wrote:
The tub is in the patio. I built the filter out of a 5 gallons bucket

using
the skippy bio-filter specification. Currently, the filter functions as a
waterfall as well. According the Beckett spec, the pump should be running

at
119 gph. The temperature in Dallas dropped almost 10oF to 15oF overnight

for
the last 2 days. This could have attributed to the ich. Will get the

Quick
Cure tomorrow and hopefully it's not too late. THANKS!!!!!!!