Old 24-05-2003, 10:08 AM
Brandon

Default Castor bean plants...danger?

"jc" wrote in message
"Iris Cohen" wrote in message
The only thing dangerous about castor bean plants is the seeds. Make

sure
children can't get hold of them. I can't imagine a dog eating them,

but you
should probably keep them out of the dogs' reach to be sure. The

plants
themselves are harmless. ...

The Castor Bean plant is a perennial in the Phoenix area and grows to a
15 foot tree (some varieties). If you are concerned about pets eating
the beans (very unlikely), you can cut off the flowers or seed burs a
few feet off the ground or higher if necessary.

Olin
NW Phoenix AZ

Thank you both for the information !
I will keep the seed pods out of reach and remove them before they break
open and drop the seeds.

I am looking for interesting plants that are tropical in appearance for
landscaping my backyard. I am also looking for fast growing vines for a
soon to be built arbor that will cover and exposed area between the house
and the pool.
Any suggestions for this area?

Thanks again
Brandon