Old 24-05-2003, 04:08 PM
William Brown

Default first time landscaper

I would suggest you wait until next year. This will give you a chance
to see what is already there, and to note any problems. Once you know
what you have, then you can decide what to keep. I have one tree, for
example, that is mediocre in the spring and summer, but is beautiful in
the fall; the only way to find out what you have is to give it a chance
to bloom.

Runyan wrote:
I just bought my first home last November. It's old and needs lots of
work. I have just moved to the lawn and garden area of the home. I
have many questions regarding drainage, runoff, retaining walls, grass
type, shrubs, plants (basically everything). I am also a compulsive
do-it-yourselfer. I have been considering two options for a path
forward. 1) Landscape designer or 2) landscape software. I
definitely believe in proper planning before action. Has anyone had
greate success with either of the two above prior to taken action in
their own? If so, how did you select the designer, or the software?

Thanks,
Brian

there.