Old 28-02-2003, 12:08 PM
Scott Rogahn

Default Could my CO2 really be this low?

I tested this morning KH of 12 and PH of 7.8 (was KH 11 ph 8.2 CO2 2.1
eleven hours into the light) which works out to CO2 of 5.7 ppm. So the CO2
injection is working.

"LeighMo" wrote in message
I finally bought a descent test kit (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Freshwater
Master Test Kit) and tested the water after the lights had been on for

about
11 hours with the following results.

Try testing your water first thing in the morning, just before the lights

go
on. Then test it in the middle of the photoperiod. If you start out with

lot of CO2 in the morning, and it decreases throughout the day, until

lights
out, then the test kit is probably accurate, the Hagen thing is working,

and
your plants are simply using up the CO2.

What can I do to raise the CO2?

Bigger batch of yeast/sugar solution, or two bottles of it, running

staggered.

Leigh