Old 24-05-2003, 07:21 PM
Oz

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

Tim Tyler writes
In uk.rec.gardening Oz wrote:
: Tim Tyler writes
: Jim:

:: wrong again, it is very well documented in the website whose address you
:: posted
:
:No it isn't.
:
:The overall frequency of pesticide related deaths is not known.

: What you mean is that there may be, or may not be, more than stated.
: In short, you don't know, and nor does anybody else because it's
: supposition.

: What can be said is that there is no evidence of it, and the work done
: on safety margins strongly suggests there are none.

It flatly states my assertion in the document in question:

``WHO estimates that the incidence of pesticide poisoning, already high in
developing countries, has doubled during the past 10 years. However, the
precise annual incidence throughout the world and their severity are
unknown.''

- http://www.sums.ac.ir/IJMS/9934/abdollahi9934.html

You moron, that's the people who are applying it getting contaminated.
If you want to press for second and third world governments properly
regulating the use of pesticides and educating on their use then I'm all
behind you. It is, however, really a health and safety in the workplace
problem.

If you want to support the case that we know how many pesticide poisoning
cases there are, this is a rather poor document to cite in support -
since it clearly states just the opposite.

No, you are just too blind to understand it.

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.