Old 24-05-2003, 10:44 PM
iBuyMinis

Default How do I remove and replace the lawnmower blade?

Nah, too involved.

What I do is slip a large spanner on the nut and then start the engine to
the lawnmower. The torque from the engine will unbolt the blade.

I guess I am going to get sued now (rolling eyes) - lol.

Seriously if you have to ask how to remove a blade from the lawnmower
probable you need to have a lawnmower shop do it for yah. Taking off the
blade is easy, it's torquing it down to ensure that it does not fly off is
the difficult part.

"Ermalina" wrote in message
"Brigitte J." wrote:

When I try to turn the bolt, the blade turns with it. I'm sure there's

simple way, but I haven't figured it out.

All help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Brigitte

To keep the blade from moving, I use a little gadget called "Blade
Buster" that I picked up at the local big box store. It works great and
is very simple to use. Here's a link to one for sale on the web:

http://www.gadgetcorner.com/hardw/blade/blade.htm