Old 24-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Steve J. Noll

Default Submersible Lights in or out of Pond?

On Sat, 24 May 2003 18:08:55 GMT, "Robert Ramirez"
wrote:

Does anyone know if its a good idea to put the lights in the water or
outside of the pond?
I understand that the water will eventually turn greenish and I'm not sure
if the lights will have the same effect when this happens.
Has anyone experienced problems with the lights inside the pond?
TIA

I put underwater lights in mine - actually, they're just under the
surface. At night they turn what was a black pit into something
enjoyable. Now can see everything in the pond at night.
For my situation I found 20 to 25 Watts per light best. Under 20W too
dim, 35W and up too bright.

Steve J. Noll | Ventura California (zone 10)