Old 28-02-2003, 11:49 PM
Scott Rogahn

Default Could my CO2 really be this low?

I have a 5lb CO2 bottle for a beer taper in my basement. It is full but its
5 year safety inspection is expired. Since my days of drinking by the keg
ended about to kids ago, I think I will get it tested and by a needle valve.

"LeighMo" wrote in message
I tested this morning KH of 12 and PH of 7.8 (was KH 11 ph 8.2 CO2 2.1
eleven hours into the light) which works out to CO2 of 5.7 ppm. So the

CO2
injection is working.

Not very well. In the morning, your CO2 levels should be at their

highest.
5.7 ppm is barely above the levels normally found in water. That's why

your
CO2 levels are so low later in the day, after your plants have been
photosynthesizing while. They actually drive CO2 levels down below

normal, by
using it all up.

You have to increase your CO2 levels. Either reduce surface agitation, or
increase the size of your yeast-sugar batch. You want your pH down around

7.2.

Leigh